February 7, 2023
We may change provisions of this Policy from time to time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Platform to make sure that you understand our practices. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice.
It’s important that you read the following carefully to understand our practices. Please also review the Terms of Service Agreement at https://gpsfornextnormal.in/terms/.
Data Protection Across the Globe
Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply common protections described in this policy. These protections align with well-known standards such as ISO 27001:2017 and others.
Information that We Collect
Information that you provide to us: We may collect information that you provide when using our Platform, such as when you: (1) create an account; (2) subscribe to our Platform; (3) participate in events or promotions; (4) send questions or comments via email or live chat; (5) interact with our sales or customer support team; (6) apply for a job with us online; (7) fill out surveys; or (8) otherwise communicate with us through or about our Platform. The types of personal information that you provide may include your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide. We store, process, and maintain files and content that you create and/or upload using our Platform and other data related to your account to provide the Platform to you.
We do not store any credit card information we receive except as necessary to complete and satisfy our rights and obligations with regard to such transactions, billing arrangements, and/or as otherwise authorized by you.
Information about our Platform: Our servers automatically collect usage information about your use of the Platform, including the webpages visited, number of log-ins, data displayed or clicked on, actions taken, your language preference, and other login information. We may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunctions, which may contain some or all of the information in your account and content. We may review them to help resolve problems with the Platform.
We may record the session and retain the recordings if you participate in a video conference with us. We will notify you first that the session is being recorded so that you can choose not to participate. We collect completion data if you participate in a training or platform course.
We collect information from the device and application you use to access our Platform. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, device ID/MAC address, system and performance information, and browser type. If you are on a mobile device, we also collect the UUID for that device.
We use various technologies to collect this information, such as first-party and third-party cookies and tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons). This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by JeevanSarthi or by users through our Platform also include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them. We provide more information on cookies below.
Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
If you arrive at JeevanSarthi from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
Information from third parties and integration partners: We may obtain personal information from third parties and combine such information with the information that we collect through our Platform. Such information may be used for the purposes described in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section below. For example:
- You permit those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online.
- You create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site or one of our integration partners; we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name and account information.
- We may receive information from our third-party payment processors if you purchase our Platform.
- We may collect information from unaffiliated third parties so that we can better understand you and provide you with information and offers that may interest you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Use of Information: We may use the personal information collected through our Platform to:
- Operate and improve our Platform;
- Send you advertising or promotional materials;
- Provide and deliver the Platform or other services you request to process transactions and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide you with requested customer support;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform.
- Secure our systems, prevent fraud, and help us to protect the security of your account;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our terms and policies;
- Personalize and improve the Platform, and provide content, communications, or features that match users' interests; and
- Link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide better service.
We reserve the right to review your content and information to help resolve problems with our software or Platform or to ensure that you comply with our terms of service.
Information we may share: We will never “sell” your personal information. However, we may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents, or contractors to perform services on our behalf or assist us with providing services to you. For example, we engage service providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, payment processing, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize, and optimize our Platform, to process payment transactions, to provide customer service, and to analyze and enhance data. While providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal information. These service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Other Users: Content you create, upload, or copy into our Platform may, if you choose, be read, copied, used, and distributed by people you know, your members, or people you don’t know. Information that you disclose using the chat function of the Platform may be read, copied, used, and distributed by people participating in the chat. Use care when including sensitive information, such as home addresses or phone numbers, in the content you share or chat sessions.
- With Your Consent: We may share your personal information when we have your consent.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Data Storage: All data you provide through our Platform is stored on our secure servers located in the U.S. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment data is stored by our payment processors and is never stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access your account and the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you do not share your password and change it frequently.
Data Security: JeevanSarthi takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information and your content from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction and to ensure that your content remains protected and available to you. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Platform. All transmissions are at your own risk.
Data Retention: JeevanSarthi stores the information we collect for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was initially collected and in compliance with our legal obligations. The retention periods applied by JeevanSarthi comply with applicable legislation then in effect, namely:
- For data relating to your account, such data will not be retained beyond your request that your account is deleted.
- For transactional data relating to your purchases, such data is kept for the entire period of our contractual relationship in accordance with legal obligations and the applicable statute of limitations periods. Please note that this data does not include payment card information, which is processed by our third-party payment processors and not JeevanSarthi.
- For data collected based on your consent to receive marketing communications, we will use the data until you withdraw your consent or applicable law requires that such data is no longer used.
- For data collected in connection with your requests or questions, such data is kept for the period necessary to process and reply to your request or question.
- When cookies or other trackers are placed on your computer, they may be retained for 12 months.
We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Our Customers’ Information
In order to power our customers’ businesses, we collect and use personal information about their users. Legally speaking, we are a “Platform” and a “service provider”. We will never use the personal information of our customers’ users to independently market or advertise to individuals unless such individuals are also using our Services directly. We also will not “sell” your customers' information.
Children Age 16 and Under
JeevanSarthi's Platform is not directed at children under 16, and we never knowingly collect personal information from children. We recognize the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children aged 16 and under. IF YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, THE COMPANY REQUESTS THAT YOU NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THE SITE OR TO JeevanSarthi. Suppose we discover that a child age 16 or younger has signed up for our Platform or provided us with personally identifiable information. In that case, we will delete that child’s identifiable information from our records.
JeevanSarthi, nonetheless, encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach kids never to give personal information unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for Website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
How We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies
Your Choices and Rights
You have several options with respect to your personal information, as follows:
- You may terminate your use of the Platform at any time. However, please note that JeevanSarthi may still process your personal information as a service provider to our customers.
- If you have created an account, you may access, edit, or delete your personal information at any time. Please note that even if you delete information from your account or deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, or mail from JeevanSarthi by visiting your user settings via the “Edit Your Preferences” or “Completely Unsubscribe” link in any promotional email. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account or updates to our Platform.
- If you do not have a user account and wish to delete your email address or other personal information that you might have provided through your use of our Platform and/or any other services, please contact us.
We do not knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
Links to External Sites
Data Posted on Forums
JeevanSarthi users may have the ability to post content to one or more JeevanSarthi forums, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personal information in any forum, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features. You may request and obtain the removal of such posted content.
Residents of the European Economic Area
We provide the representations and information in this section in compliance with European privacy laws, particularly the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are a visitor from the European Territories (including the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will generally collect personal data from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests. Sometimes, we may collect and process personal data based on consent.
EU data subjects have certain rights concerning the personal data we collect and process. We respond to all requests from individuals in the EEA wishing to exercise their data protection rights per applicable data protection laws.
Your Acceptance of These Terms